To enable our Services, we receive all of your mobile data traffic, including location data, after you download and agree to use our Apps, which direct your mobile data traffic through or to our server. We may also receive personally identifying information such as your name, email address, or other contact information.
Use of Information
We use the information that we receive to operate and improve the Services, develop new products and services, analyze usage of our Apps and other applications on your device, to support advertising and related activities, and for other purposes.
We may share Anonymized Information (as defined below) with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties.
Sharing Personally Identifying Information
We do not share or sell your personally identifying information to third parties except if we have received your consent or given you notice, or in limited circumstances described in this Policy. For example, we may share personally identifying information with third parties and "Affiliates" (businesses that are or become legally part of the same group of companies that Onavo is part of, including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) to operate, maintain and enhance the Services, or for other purposes as described below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Third Party Activities
Using the settings we provide, you may opt-out of certain direct marketing communications and certain ways Onavo will use your information. To learn more about the controls available to you, see below or click here.
We may retain information about you or your use of the Services for the purposes described in this Policy.
Access and Deletion
You may access, edit, or request the deletion of personally identifying information we receive, such as your name or contact information.
Though we implement information security systems and procedures that are intended to secure your information, they cannot provide absolute information security.
You permit us to store and process your information, including personally identifying information, through third-party or Affiliate service providers in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United States, and other jurisdictions.
If you are under the age of 13, you may not use any of the Services.
When you sign up for or use our Services we may ask you to provide certain information. For example, we may ask you to provide personally identifying information - information that personally identifies you or can be used to directly contact you - such as your name, e-mail address or phone number. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication and contact information.
When you use the Apps, you choose to route all of your mobile data traffic through, or to, Onavo's servers. As a result, we receive information regarding you, your online activities, and your device or browser when you use the Services. For example, we may receive:
• Information about your device, including the type of device, its operating system, the mobile carrier or network, IP address, GPS or other general location information, and device identifiers. When you download the Apps, you may permit us to access data on or about your device, including permissions obtained through our Apps or your device (e.g. Google Play on Android).
• Information about your mobile applications and data usage, including the applications installed on your device, your use of those applications, the websites you visit, and the amount of data you use.
• Log information and other data from your device, such as webpage addresses and data fields.
• Information about you, including personally identifying information, from our Affiliates or third-party partners.
We may use the information we receive to provide, analyze, improve, and develop new and innovative services for users, Affiliates and third parties; to communicate with users; to support advertising and related activities; and to help protect ourselves or someone else. For example, Onavo may use your information to:
• Provide the Services, such as by compressing data and reducing your mobile data usage, monitoring active apps on your device, and encrypting data traffic;
• Communicate with you, including about products, services, and events; respond when you communicate with us; and send you information you request or that we think might interest you, such as App updates;
• Analyze how you use applications and data. For example, we may combine the information, including personally identifying information, that you provide through your use of the Services with information about you we receive from our Affiliates or third parties for business, analytic, advertising, and other purposes;
• Provide market analytics and other services to Affiliates and other third parties;
• Maintain, improve or administer our Services; perform business analyses; provide advertising and related activities either independently or in connection with our Affiliates; or otherwise support our internal operations by activities such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and research;
• Enforce our Terms of Service; prevent unlawful activities and misuse of the Services; protect the legal rights, property, safety, and security of Onavo, our Affiliates, and our users; and resolve disputes involving you relating to the Services; and
• Comply with applicable laws and assist law enforcement when we have a good-faith belief that such cooperation is reasonably necessary or meets the applicable legal standards.
We may share, sell, transmit, or otherwise make available to third parties information that does not include personally identifying information, or for which we have taken reasonable steps to remove all personally identifying information ("Anonymized Information"). Anonymized Information may provide insights into trends in mobile, app, online, and advertising activities.
• Affiliates. We may share (or receive) information, including personally identifying information, with (or from) our Affiliates (as defined above) to help provide, understand, and improve our Services (such as by providing analytics) and Affiliates' services (including by providing you with a better and more personalized experience). For example, if you have an account with an Affiliate, that Affiliate may combine personally identifying information that it receives from Onavo with information that it maintains about you, for a variety of business, operational, and advertising purposes.
• Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Services. We may access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, with third parties when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We may also share such information if we believe that you have abused your rights to use the Services or violated an applicable law, or in connection with any dispute between you and us with respect to the Services.
• In Response to a Legal Request. We may also access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, in response to a legal request if we believe in good faith that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, applies to users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, government investigation, investigation concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm
• In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may disclose and transfer your personally identifying information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
• Other Disclosures. We also may disclose personally identifying information as described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Our Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these sections will be public and may be read, collected, and used by anyone who access them.
To learn more about the choices that advertisers provide generally for individuals to influence how information about their online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services is collected and used, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/, the Internet Advertising Bureau (US) at http://www.iab.net, or the Internet Advertising Bureau (EU) at http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
Using the settings we provide, including in the Apps that you install on your device, you may opt-out of certain direct marketing communications and certain ways Onavo will use the information, including personally identifying information, we receive when you use the Services. To learn more about the controls available to you and how to use them, visit http://www.onavo.com/data_choices.
These controls let you limit certain uses of information that we collect when you use the Services, but we will still receive information and use it as otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we will still continue to analyze your mobile data traffic to provide services and insights to you and others, as a part of our product development and other internal operations, and to help protect against malicious activities. If you do not want us to receive any information about you, then you should uninstall the Apps and stop using the Services. For more information please see "Access and Deletion" below.
If you stop using the Services, you can request that we remove the personally identifying information that we collected from you through the Services. For more information on how to do this, please see "Access and Deletion," below.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services we collect and maintain Anonymized Information, which we may retain indefinitely.
You may access or request the deletion of your personally identifying information that we receive through the Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, typically 30 business days. We reserve the right to reject requests that would require an unreasonable technical effort or are unnecessarily repetitive. Onavo will not delete information that we believe is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. If you no longer consent to our receipt of information through your use of our Apps, or to stop using the Services, you can uninstall the Apps.
To request the removal of your personally identifying information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. We will advise you if for any reason we are not able to accommodate your request.
We maintain adequate safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information we receive. While we strive to protect your information and privacy, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of information you disclose or transmit to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
If you are under 13, you may not use any of the Services. The Services are not intended for use by, or directed to, persons under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such persons.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Onavo does not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties' own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission. If you have questions about our sharing practices or your rights under California law, please write us at Onavo, Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park CA 94025.